Monday, March 14, 2011

Welcome to the family

Half of your family knows about you - Daddy and I told your grandparents, aunt, great-grandmother, and various others in the close family that you're on your way, and they are thrilled (Your Papi cried before anyone else!) I asked them not to tell anyone else yet, just in case you can't stay to meet them. We went to mass for my Grandpa in the morning, and my prayers consisted mostly of "please please please please let Flash be born healthy and grow up healthy, and let me be around to witness it all. Please please please please please." After mass, and after everyone who had come over for coffee afterward had left, your Papi gave your Daddy and me a gift for you - a small baseball glove. Whether you turn out to be a boy or girl, you probably won't be able to get out of learning to play ball with him. (Which is good, because Daddy and I stink at sports.) It's your first gift and I put it in the same box as your dot picture, FET summary sheet, and the hospital bracelet from your transfer.

Your other grandparents (and aunts and uncles) will find out this weekend. We are all so excited to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment