Wednesday, November 2, 2011

You survived 2011

Dear Flash,

Since you have existed, you have been through/to the following:
Tornado (June)
Your mom's job lay-off (June)
Athens, Rome, Pompeii, London, Sicily (June/ July)
Greek strikes (July)
The premiere of the final Harry Potter movie (July)
London riots (July)
Your dad's new work location (July)
2 apartment moves (July, October)
Earthquake (September)
Hurricane Irene(September)
A car accident (September)
3 speech contests (September/October)
Record-breaking, unseasonable blizzard (October)

That's a pretty eventful nine months (well, 5 months - that tornado you conjured up seems to have started everything)! I'm just waiting for the locusts to descend tomorrow morning and for Mt. Tom to erupt sometime over the weekend. I'll probably be waving to a couple of nice pairs of horsemen in the sky on my way to the hospital Monday morning...because you're scheduled to be yanked out by your butt on Monday, and those are the last couple of things that need to happen before I can be convinced that I'm actually going to have a baby, and that all the infertility crap I've been enduring for the past 3-4 years has actually resulted in success.

Love, Mommy

P.S. Feel free to cancel the locusts, volcano, and horsemen. I'd really prefer to be calm when you finally join us here on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment